keighleymcnicol

keighleymcnicol

Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
Nenia Campbell
The Lonely - Tara Brown I'm in this fight, and I'm swinging and my arms are getting tired
It's hard, I'm trying to beat this emptiness but I'm running out of time
I'm sinking in the sand, and I can barely stand
I'm lost in this dream, I need you to hold me
I'm scared of lonely

This book put me through the emotional ringer & I still don’t how I feel! Did I love it?? Did I Hate it?? Did I want to punch each and every one of them in the throat at some point? HELL TO THE YEAH!

I got into this book straight away (something I’ve been struggling with lately) and loved Sebastian and Shell. Found it a bit trickier to connect with Em as she was so damaged & it was all v cryptic with creepydaddyuncle on the phone. I LOVED the reveal of the Abduction / therapy experiment, seriously was that therapist on crack?!, but I was a bit gutted when we got to the BDSM part. Suppose that’s a personal preference, but rich dudes with red rooms of pain just make me roll my eyes a bit now, OVERKILL
I struggled with Ems inconsistent character in second half, was she recovered, was she not? Why did she keep running back to Sebastian and why did he not tell her to take her crazy ass far, far away? I ended up majorly skimming the last 20% which bumped it from 4 stars to 3.5

A dark, exciting read that might test your patience. But it got me out of my month long reading funk! 3.5 stars